IT,one of the most diverse and fastest growing industries in the world and with elements of IT in almost every industry, the choice of which career to pursue is endless.
You could develop the next breakthrough in digital communication or protect people’s data from being sold online or you could even start your own IT company and make a big difference in the industry. That’s where ICITP comes in, not only do we make you stand out in your IT profession but we also equip you with the relevant business skills to be able to start your own IT company. Being a member of ICITP gives you the opportunity to kickstart your IT career.
Joining the ICITP community gives you:
- Recognition as a professional, working under a Code of Ethics and committing to ongoing professional development
- More than 30 presentations, events, courses and workshops for members every year
- Ability to apply for Chartered IT Professional (SA)- CITP (SA) or IT Certified Professional (SA) – ITCP (SA), South Africa’s accreditations for IT Professionals
- Access to the ICITP Mentoring Programme, and other initiatives to help advance your career
- Access to the ICITP Work Integrated Learning Laboratory (WIL LAB) for professional practical competency
- Adding your voice to the body advocating for the IT profession in South Africa
- Involvement in the ICT- Comp-LIT Programme in Schools ensuring the growth of our industry
- Being part of an international community of IT professionals that connects you to kindred bodies in other countries.
- Discounts to most conferences and major IT events nationwide
The ICITP SA’s newly developed professional designations will help to professionalize the Information Technology industry by assessing and recognizing the practical abilities and skills of IT professionals and practitioners.