What is WIL LAB ™
The WIL LAB ™ Programme is a product and a registered trademark of The Institute of Chartered IT Professionals ® (ICITP) whose aim is providing the necessary resources and practical experience to create work-ready graduates, who meet the general standards of the industry. The program has been designed in such a way that candidates choose their area of specialization in Information Technology. The following are the areas of specialization available for students: IT Technical Support, Networking, Web Development, Software Development.
The WIL LAB ™ Programme is project based and workplace learning. What distinguishes WIL LAB ™ is the emphasis on the integrative aspects of such learning. WIL LAB ™ could thus be described as an educational approach that aligns and workplace practices for the mutual benefit of students and workplaces.
What WIL LAB ™ is not
- It is not a money-making opportunity for students.
- It is not an opportunity for employers to have cheap labor.
Aims of WIL LAB ™
- To expose students to the real world of IT practical and the workplace while still studying
- To assist IT students, gain specialized IT work experience in a professional work environment
- To help students develop a range of valuable specialized skills
- To make the transition from student to employee easier
REGISTER FOR STUDENT MEMBERSHIP
Are you an Undergraduate or Graduate looking for relevant Information Technology Work Experience? Register now for student membership to gain access to our Work Integrated Learning Laboratory (WIL LAB)
WIL Lab Cycle
Students are required to work for a minimum of 190 hours
Students are required to attend WIL LAB ™ twice a week.